Seven cool dishes to brave the heat
Even in summer, when it’s hot, you have to eat – but what? Cool dishes, of course. Like cold soups or refreshing salads.
The heat also hits the stomach, especially hearty dishes are not really digestible. How good that there are cooling dishes that are not only cold, but also taste particularly good. For example, summer rolls: They are the healthy alternative to fried spring rolls – and they taste much better too. Whether filled with meat, vegan or vegetarian is up to you.
Recipe for Vietnamese summer rolls
- 20 g glass noodles (rice vermicelli), soaked in freshly boiled water for 8 minutes, then drained and rinsed
- 1 small piece of lettuce, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 10-15 sheets of rice paper
- 100 g cooked chicken, torn apart
- a couple of sprigs of mint
- 1/2 mango cut into strips
For the dip:
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine peanut butter
Mix the dip ingredients together and set aside.
Prepare a deep plate with water and spread out a dry tea towel.
Soak a sheet of rice paper in the water for a few seconds. Lift out and spread flat on a cloth.
Spread 2 tbsp of the filling on the lower center of the rice paper. Add meat as desired.
Fold the bottom edge over the filling.
Then fold the sides inwards.
Place a few mint leaves in the middle of the rice paper.
Fold over the top of the rice paper.
Place the seam down under a damp cloth and prepare the rest.
Serve with the dip.